Edo’s Camp offers an optional extra activity available for groups occupying the full camp and Young Explorer’s families (as they also book out the full camp).
• Edo’s Camp offers a rich cultural experience where you can meet two diverse lifestyles of the people in the area, firstly the San Bushmen that reside in a small community within the grounds of the conservancy and the optional activity of witnessing a traditional bushman dance. It is also possible for those staying several days to visit the nearby museum at D’Kar.
• Edo’s Camp is engaged in favour of the local people: a Day-Care Centre for needy children, the ‘Paolo Zanichelli’s Children’s Home’, is located in the camp’s conservancy. The centre is funded by private donations and by Edo’s Camp’s guests (a percentage of the nightly stay is contributed to the day-care facility).
• As Edo’s Camp hosts maximum of 8 guests in 4 twin tents, you are guaranteed personal service and a truly memorable experience in the Kalahari
• In the Kalahari area you will experience a different variety of wildlife than in the delta, those that have adapted to the harsher environment of the Kalahari Desert – providing an interesting contrast to the other Ker & Downey properties.
• You are offered the unique experience of tracking rhino on foot. The white rhino in this area were introduced and have successfully integrated into the habitat, producing 2 healthy offspring in 2005
• Edo’s Camp is the base of our Young Explorer’s Kalahari packages, which is a family safari led by a specialist guide that tailors the safari to suit children as young as 7 years old.